Tufano, Ralph P., MD
Make a New Referral Appointment
For more information or assistance with a new referral appointment with Dr. Tufano:
Please call: +1 (941) 262-0500. You can also use the email form below.
Dr. Tufano specializes in thyroid and parathyroid surgery including the management of hyperparathyroidism, thyroid nodules, early, advanced and recurrent thyroid cancer, neck lymph node metastases, goiter and Graves’ disease. His expertise and novel treatment techniques have helped personalize treatment and improve surgical outcomes for patients with these conditions.
Dr. Tufano works collaboratively with community endocrinologists, primary care physicians and otolaryngologists to ensure patients receive comprehensive evaluations, advanced testing, coordinated care, and if necessary, innovative surgical treatment.
His specialties include:
- Scarless transoral thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy
- Endoscopic and robotic thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of thyroid nodules
- Benign thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Thyroid nodule management
- Head and neck endocrine surgery
- Graves’ Disease
- Goiters and enlarged thyroid glands
Dr. Tufano is the Medical Director of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery at Sarasota Memorial’s First Physicians Group Thyroid and Parathyroid Center.