Tufano, Ralph P., MD
Dr. Tufano specializes in thyroid and parathyroid surgery including the management of hyperparathyroidism, thyroid nodules, early, advanced and recurrent thyroid cancer, neck lymph node metastases, goiter and Graves’ disease. His expertise and novel treatment techniques have helped personalize treatment and improve surgical outcomes for patients with these conditions.
His specialties include:
- Scarless transoral thyroidectomy
- Endoscopic and robotic thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Benign thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Thyroid nodule management
- Head and neck endocrine surgery
- Graves’ Disease
Dr. Tufano is the Medical Director of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery at Sarasota Memorial’s First Physicians Group Thyroid and Parathyroid Center.