Palliative Care, also known as Supportive Care, is coordinated, patient-centered care for those facing complicated medical problems or prolonged illness. These services are appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness, and are often provided in conjunction with curative treatment in order to improve the patient’s quality of life.
Anyone struggling with a serious illness or complicated medical problem(s) related to a prolonged illness or injury can benefit from Supportive Care.
First Physicians Group Palliative Care experts at Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Sarasota Campus provide specialized services, including:
- Expert relief of pain
- Treatment for a variety of other symptoms, such as fatigue, breathlessness, nausea, and anxiety
- Support during all stage of illness
- Guidance making complex treatment decisions
- Providing resources for family members
- Assistance setting goals and expectations for care
- Help managing emotional and spiritual needs
Sarasota Memorial Hospital