First Physicians Group’s Maternal-Fetal medicine team offers the latest in obstetrical ultrasound, prenatal test and co-management of high-risk pregnancies and will partner with you and your obstetrician to keep both you and your baby healthy. Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as maternal-fetal medicine, our physicians are highly experienced in high-risk pregnancy care, including pre-conception counseling. They will work hand-in-hand with your obstetrician to tailor a plan of care specific to your medical needs.
Our team specializes in caring for conditions that complicate pregnancy, such as:
- Maternal metabolic diseases, including diabetes (both pre-gestational and gestational types) and thyroid disease
- Cardiac, renal or autoimmune disease
- Advanced maternal age
- Past pre-term deliveries or history of pregnancy loss
- Multiple gestation (twins, triplets and quadruplets)
- Known/suspected fetal anomaly or abnormal fetal growth
- Genetic and chromosomal disorders
Our ultrasound procedures may include:
- Detailed obstetrical ultrasound
- Fetal echocardiography
- First trimester nuchal translucency
- Chorionic villus sampling
Our physicians and sonographers are certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine in performing first, second and third trimester ultrasounds along with adjunct detailed fetal anatomic ultrasounds.